Saturday, February 27, 2010

Weekend Reads 2/27/2010


Another week is over! Start your Sunday with some reads.

A professor's fabulous response to a student who walked into class 1 hour late. Unwritten classroom rules..

If you are interested in buying a DSLR camera anytime in the near (or not so near future). Here is an article that explains why you should pay attention to the camera's ISO and what ISO means in a digicam.

Learn how canceling credit cards can effect your credit score.

This is an excellent article on expressing your opinions and speaking with conviction in general. I think this is an especially important issue for women, because we tend to do to that questions at the end of our answer thing..

Recipe of the week.

Black Bean Vegetable Soup (from Allrecipes)
This is a spicy, flavorful and very versatile bean soup. I like to add one tortilla chip on top sometimes. 
I personally do not puree the beans as directed in the recipe. I keep everything whole my changes are

I only use one can of black beans and a can of kidney/pinto beans.
I add 1 tsp adobo, flour/starch to thicken, a dash of smoked salt

0 comments:

Post a Comment